Sunday, September 2, 2012

It Would Be So Nice

Last night I had a dream where I was discussing with my bandmates a Pink Floyd reunion tour. Of course this was a dream because something like that is never going to happen. But it got me thinking when I woke up what would be my dream setlist for said gig?

Since this is a dream, I am figuring the band would have stamina, so I have no problem constructing a kind of long setlist. The is a reunion tour! Also, I don't want 25 people on the stage. I want Dave on guitar, Roger on bass and Nick on drums. Rick Wright has sadly passed away so on keyboards we'll have somebody like Jon Carin, who has been playing with Gilmour since the 80s. Maybe one other guitarist who could also play saxophone. Definitely 3 lady back-up singers.

OK, here we go.

Set 1
entirety of Dark Side Of The Moon
Astronomy Domine
Set The Controls For The Heart of The Sun
The Gold It's In The...
Wish You Were Here

Set 2
One Of These Days
Fearless
Fat Old Sun
Pigs On The Wing Part 1/Dogs
Have A Cigar
In The Flesh?
The Happiest Days Of Our Lives/Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
Mother
Empty Spaces/Young Lust
Hey You
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell

Encore
Your Possible Pasts
Free Four
The Narrow Way Part 3
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, 10 minute version from A Collection of Great Dance Songs

Second Encore
Echoes, shortened to 15 minutes
Arnold Layne
See Emily Play

Yeah, boy! Now that's a frakkin Pink Floyd set list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment