Saturday, March 1, 2014

Braddock Station Garrison at Empire March 9!!!

Next Sunday March 9 is an enormously important show for my band, Braddock Station Garrison. We have the opportunity to play Empire in Springfield. Historically a metal club, they have recently turned over ownership and have begun booking more Americana and country acts. We were approached by one of their booking agents to see if we wanted to participate in their monthly "Whiskey & Boots" country and folk night. While we are not a country band, I do think we have a good Americana vibe. Neil Young, The Jayhawks, Wilco, Son Volt are artists that have influenced my writing. Along with Cash and Kristofferson and Merle and Willie and Waylon and Townes Van Zandt. Modern country does not appeal to me but I respect the artists who represent that style and do their thing. We are super excited to be playing with some excellent regional acts. It is an honor to be sharing the stage with them.

I am especially eager because unlike some of the other places we have played this is a bonafide music venue. I mean no disrespect to those rooms we have played; we love playing their and we appreciate the chance. But Empire is a real room. They have a real soundboard. They have a stage that comes up to the crowds chest. They have a backstage area; instead of walking up from the crowd we will be coming in from the side like a real rock n roll band.

I have seen several shows here. It used to be known as Jaxx and I saw King's X there and I saw John Paul Jones. Recently I saw Anathema and Alcest. Knowing I get to play a stage where I saw King's X, one of my most favorite bands ever, play...where I saw John Paul fucking Jones play...it blows my mind. It is going to be a great night.

As part of the deal the club gave us free tickets. Yes...FREE TICKETS!! We have some left, so if you are interested hit me up through the band email: braddockstationgarrison@gmail.com. Otherwise they are $10 in advance and $15 at the door.

Another good thing: it is an EARLY show. Doors open at 5pm and we go on at 6pm. We play about 45 minutes. The show itself will end around 10pm so it won't be a late night at all.

A big turn out will maybe possibly probably-not-but-who-knows get us another show at Empire, maybe opening for a touring act. Granted I wouldn't want to play in front of Armored Saint or Gorguts or Metal Church, that just would not be the right crowd for us, but I derma of opening for King's X. That we could pull off.

We would really really really appreciate it if you could come out and see us. It is going to be a great night and on behalf of Tom and Jim and Mike I can say we absolutely LOVE to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment